In September 2021, the Metso:Outotec Jar Mill arrived and was installed in the Institute TOMS laboratory. The Institute’s comminution team was trained by M:O’s specialists and the lab was granted accreditation to perform the Jar Mill testing.
In September 2020, Institute TOMS was given the latest accreditation certificates by Glencore Technology (Australia) for running UFG testing in a stirred mill – IsaMill M4.
In August 2020, Institute TOMS (Irkutsk) in partnership with Thrane Teknikk initiated testing of a fine screening technology using Derrick Stack Sizer 2SG 48-60R-1STK by Derrick Corporation.
On the 12th of May 2020, Institute TOMS received an official confirmation from JK Tech Pty that the testwork quality and the personnel competencies are in conformity with high international standards.
In June 2020, a new up-to-date laser particle size analyzer Malvern Mastersizer was installed and put into operation in Institute TOMS.
Development of pre-design, design and detailed documentation is one of the main activities of Institute TOMS.
Flexibility in the distribution of work within the company and an advanced project management approach with the use of software systems allow the Institute to fully employ its labour resource in the most efficient way.
Application of BIM (building information modelling) technology with the creation of virtual 3D models of facilities under design makes it possible to accomplish a scope of works of any complexity in a short time frame.
The use of advanced software packages as a working tool for designers maximizes the speed of design, increases labour efficiency, and eliminates inconsistency of design solutions between related design sections.
Institute TOMS elaborates following types of design documentation:
- Conceptual foundation for implementation of a processing complex including technical and economic comparisons, technical and economic estimates, basic design and process solutions with a comparison of process flow options, machine flow sheets, layout arrangements, etc.;
- All types of feasibility studies;
- Design documentation as specified by Decree of the Russian Government No. 87 dated February 2008 "On the structure of design documentation sections and requirements to their content" both for greenfield projects and existing projects under renovation;
- Detailed design documentation in accordance with Russian national standards GOST R 21.1101-2013, GOST 21.401-88 and other normative documents regulating the requirements for detailed documentation;
- Design engineering for the primary processing of minerals (process flowsheet) as specified by section III of the Order of Ministry of Natural resources of the Russian Federation No. 218 dated June 2010 "On approval of requirements to the structure and execution of design documentation for development of mineral deposits, suspension and abandonment of mining operations, and primary processing of minerals»;
- Documentation for technical modernization of hazardous industrial facilities in accordance with the requirements of the Federal law No. 116-FZ "On industrial safety of hazardous industrial facilities" dated July 1997;
- Information modelling with the level of detail of digital 3D models at least LOD 300, and LOD 400 for process operation;
- Graphic and animation materials for existing or designed facilities.
- Industrial projects (processing plants, mining and processing complexes, heap leaching facilities, ore stockpiles, crushing and screening facilities);
- Infrastructure facilities:
- Human and vehicle security checkpoints;
- Shift camps;
- Office and amenity buildings;
- Laboratories (fire assay, analytical, processing, environmental, etc.);
- Mechanical repair shops;
- Storage facilities (reagents and grinding media stores, supplies and fuel storages, etc.);
- Power supply facilities, including main stepdown substations;
- Utility networks and structures;
- Mine rescue brigade and fire facilities;
- Modular boilers;
- Other facilities required to ensure the smooth operation of a processing plant.
Institute TOMS guides the developed design documentation through the appropriate expert reviews until receipt of an affirmative expert statement:
- Design documentation stage is subject to:
- State Environmental Expert Review;
- Main State Expert Review (by RF State Expert Review Board);
- Detailed documentation stage is not subject to any expert review, but accepted directly by a client;
- Design engineering for the primary processing of minerals is subject to approval by the Russian Federal Agency of Subsoil Use;
- Documentation for technical modernization is subject to the industrial safety expert review in a designated licensed organization.
Institute TOMS is ready to provide qualified design supervision for a facility construction period.
Examples of completed projects