Institute TOMS became a title sponsor of the International Conference “Plaksin Readings – 2023” which was held in Moscow on October 2nd – 5th.
September 11, 2023, the President of Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin, took part in launching two landmark mining projects. They are Stage II of the gold plant within Pavlik mining and processing complex, and the concentrator plant of Udokan mining and metallurgical complex. Both projects were implemented on the basis of the process solutions developed by Institute TOMS.
In December 2022 Institute TOMS successfully proved its expertise for compliance with requirements GOST ISO/IEC 17025-2019 “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”
Mineralogical research includes sample preparation for the studies, petrographic, chemical and mineral content study of different types of ore, detailed study of base ore minerals characteristics with their chemical composition determination, as well as precious metals characteristics.
Conventional and innovative research methods using state-of-the-art equipment are used in mineralogical investigations.
The study of material composition includes the following types of works and research:
- preparation of transparent, polished and pellet specimens;
- material size distribution characteristics with basic elements determination in size fractions;
- petrographic composition study;
- material chemical composition determination together with separate phases of valuable components;
- mineralogical analysis with determination of ore quantitative mineral composition;
- determination of ore sulphidity and oxidation level;
- study of heavy fractions composition using both a stereomicroscope and a polarization microscope for briquette specimens;
- image analysis of ore minerals using a mineralogical analyzer Mineral-C7 for solid materials;
- physical and chemical characteristics of gold, silver, platinum, and palladium;
- size distribution characteristics of any valuable component;
- gold and silver phase analysis;
- automated mineralogical quantitative analysis using the Qemscan system (Quanta FEG-650 F SEM, iDiscover software).