In December 2022 Institute TOMS successfully proved its expertise for compliance with requirements GOST ISO/IEC 17025-2019 “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”
Udokan Copper company addressed a Letter of Appreciation to Institute TOMS to thank them for proper and timely completion of the complex pre-design and design works
Through 2020 to 2022 within the framework of five separate contracts Institute TOMS successfully completed design works for Bystrinskoye mining company (GRK Bystrinskoye)
An official ceremony marking the commissioning of a concentrate beneficiation facility took place on the 17th of November 2022 at the Andrey Varichev Mikhailovsky GOK (Metalloinvest). Construction of the new beneficiation facility was fulfilled based on the process design criteria and engineering design developed by Institute TOMS.
In November 2022, a positive appraisal report of the Federal autonomous institution “Main Department of State Expertise” was received for the project “Lebedinsky GOK, JSC. Processing plant. Flotation Complex”
Mineralogical research includes sample preparation for the studies, petrographic, chemical and mineral content study of different types of ore, detailed study of base ore minerals characteristics with their chemical composition determination, as well as precious metals characteristics.
Conventional and innovative research methods using state-of-the-art equipment are used in mineralogical investigations.
The study of material composition includes the following types of works and research:
- preparation of transparent, polished and pellet specimens;
- material size distribution characteristics with basic elements determination in size fractions;
- petrographic composition study;
- material chemical composition determination together with separate phases of valuable components;
- mineralogical analysis with determination of ore quantitative mineral composition;
- determination of ore sulphidity and oxidation level;
- study of heavy fractions composition using both a stereomicroscope and a polarization microscope for briquette specimens;
- image analysis of ore minerals using a mineralogical analyzer Mineral-C7 for solid materials;
- physical and chemical characteristics of gold, silver, platinum, and palladium;
- size distribution characteristics of any valuable component;
- gold and silver phase analysis;
- automated mineralogical quantitative analysis using the Qemscan system (Quanta FEG-650 F SEM, iDiscover software).