In December 2022 Institute TOMS successfully proved its expertise for compliance with requirements GOST ISO/IEC 17025-2019 “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”
Udokan Copper company addressed a Letter of Appreciation to Institute TOMS to thank them for proper and timely completion of the complex pre-design and design works
Through 2020 to 2022 within the framework of five separate contracts Institute TOMS successfully completed design works for Bystrinskoye mining company (GRK Bystrinskoye)
An official ceremony marking the commissioning of a concentrate beneficiation facility took place on the 17th of November 2022 at the Andrey Varichev Mikhailovsky GOK (Metalloinvest). Construction of the new beneficiation facility was fulfilled based on the process design criteria and engineering design developed by Institute TOMS.
In November 2022, a positive appraisal report of the Federal autonomous institution “Main Department of State Expertise” was received for the project “Lebedinsky GOK, JSC. Processing plant. Flotation Complex”
Ore physical and mechanical characteristics study:
- Unconfined Compressive Strength (UCS), MPa;
- Autogenous and semi-autogenous grinding parameters using Starkey’s method: full SAG Design Test (SDT), SAG Variability Test (SVT);
- Bond Ball Mill Variability Work Index for a SAGDesign product – Bond Variability Test (BVT);
- Drop weight breakage parameters using JKTech Pty Ltd method – Drop Weight Test (DWT);
- Drop weight breakage parameters using SMC Pty Ltd method – SMC Test (SMC);
- Bond Crushing Work Index test (CWi);
- Bond Rod Mill Work test (RWi);
- Bond Ball Mill Work test (BWi);
- Bond Abrasion Index (Ai);
- Point Load Test (PLT);
- Ultrafine grinding parameters using stirred mills Netzsch-IsaMill, FLS-VXP (laboratory and pilot plant installations);
- Pilot tests using High Pressure Grinding Rolls (HPGR, Köppern);
- Crushing and grinding circuits simulation using different software packages: JKSimMet, Bruno, UsimPac, Molycop.
The testing results are used in comminution circuits design for processing plants under construction (process design basis, project design, and feasibility study) and optimization of crushing and grinding equipment at operating plants.
Leading manufacturing plants and engineering companies accept and apply the obtained indices as input data for equipment sizing and selection.
Institute TOMS enters the international SAG Design Consulting Group and performs SAGDesign Tests in the CIS and other countries.