In September 2021, the Metso:Outotec Jar Mill arrived and was installed in the Institute TOMS laboratory. The Institute’s comminution team was trained by M:O’s specialists and the lab was granted accreditation to perform the Jar Mill testing.
In September 2020, Institute TOMS was given the latest accreditation certificates by Glencore Technology (Australia) for running UFG testing in a stirred mill – IsaMill M4.
In August 2020, Institute TOMS (Irkutsk) in partnership with Thrane Teknikk initiated testing of a fine screening technology using Derrick Stack Sizer 2SG 48-60R-1STK by Derrick Corporation.
On the 12th of May 2020, Institute TOMS received an official confirmation from JK Tech Pty that the testwork quality and the personnel competencies are in conformity with high international standards.
In June 2020, a new up-to-date laser particle size analyzer Malvern Mastersizer was installed and put into operation in Institute TOMS.
Ore physical and mechanical characteristics study:
- Unconfined Compressive Strength (UCS), MPa;
- Autogenous and semi-autogenous grinding parameters using Starkey’s method: full SAG Design Test (SDT), SAG Variability Test (SVT);
- Bond Ball Mill Variability Work Index for a SAGDesign product – Bond Variability Test (BVT);
- Drop weight breakage parameters using JKTech Pty Ltd method – Drop Weight Test (DWT);
- Drop weight breakage parameters using SMC Pty Ltd method – SMC Test (SMC);
- Bond Crushing Work Index test (CWi);
- Bond Rod Mill Work test (RWi);
- Bond Ball Mill Work test (BWi);
- Bond Abrasion Index (Ai);
- Point Load Test (PLT);
- Ultrafine grinding parameters using stirred mills Netzsch-IsaMill, FLS-VXP (laboratory and pilot plant installations);
- Pilot tests using High Pressure Grinding Rolls (HPGR, Köppern);
- Crushing and grinding circuits simulation using different software packages: JKSimMet, Bruno, UsimPac, Molycop.
The testing results are used in comminution circuits design for processing plants under construction (process design basis, project design, and feasibility study) and optimization of crushing and grinding equipment at operating plants.
Leading manufacturing plants and engineering companies accept and apply the obtained indices as input data for equipment sizing and selection.
Institute TOMS enters the international SAG Design Consulting Group and performs SAGDesign Tests in the CIS and other countries.