In December 2022 Institute TOMS successfully proved its expertise for compliance with requirements GOST ISO/IEC 17025-2019 “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”
Udokan Copper company addressed a Letter of Appreciation to Institute TOMS to thank them for proper and timely completion of the complex pre-design and design works
Through 2020 to 2022 within the framework of five separate contracts Institute TOMS successfully completed design works for Bystrinskoye mining company (GRK Bystrinskoye)
An official ceremony marking the commissioning of a concentrate beneficiation facility took place on the 17th of November 2022 at the Andrey Varichev Mikhailovsky GOK (Metalloinvest). Construction of the new beneficiation facility was fulfilled based on the process design criteria and engineering design developed by Institute TOMS.
In November 2022, a positive appraisal report of the Federal autonomous institution “Main Department of State Expertise” was received for the project “Lebedinsky GOK, JSC. Processing plant. Flotation Complex”
Institute TOMS is accredited according to federal standard GOST R, international standard ISO/IEC 17025-2019 and uses methods that were developed according to requirements of international and Russian systems of mineral resources evaluation. The results of analytical research satisfy the demands of the State Committee for reserves. Each year Institute TOMS takes part in the international laboratory proficiency tests (Round Robin) of Geostats Pty Ltd (Australia).
Analytical laboratory equipment and basic services include:
- Modern highly productive complex for sample crushing, reduction and attrition (New Zealand, Russia);
- Smelting and assay furnaces, FAA (Russia, Australia);
- Highly precise weighing equipment (Germany);
- Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometers (ICP-OES) for multiple elements analysis (Australia, USA);
- Atomic absorption spectrometer (AAS) to define the content of precious and nonferrous metals, and different impurities;
- Scanning spectrophotometer (Australia), and a full set of equipment for conventional chemical analysis (Russia, USA);
- Sulphur and carbon analyzer (USA);
- Laser sizers for determination of sample size characteristics (Germany, Netherlands);
- Modern methods for gold content determination in samples containing coarse free metal (Canada, Russia);
- Laboratory system for sample acid decomposition (USA);
- Microwave system of sample autoclave decomposition (Italy).