Institute TOMS became a title sponsor of the International Conference “Plaksin Readings – 2023” which was held in Moscow on October 2nd – 5th.
September 11, 2023, the President of Russian Federation, Vladimir Putin, took part in launching two landmark mining projects. They are Stage II of the gold plant within Pavlik mining and processing complex, and the concentrator plant of Udokan mining and metallurgical complex. Both projects were implemented on the basis of the process solutions developed by Institute TOMS.
In December 2022 Institute TOMS successfully proved its expertise for compliance with requirements GOST ISO/IEC 17025-2019 “General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories”
Institute TOMS carries out metallurgical testworks on different types of ore and processing products containing nonferrous metals (Au, Ag, Pt, Zn, Cu, Pb, Mo, Co, Nb, Ni etc.)
The metallurgical laboratory of Institute TOMS is fully equipped and uses advanced methods that allow performance of the following works:
- Leaching tests in standard conditions (bottle tests, etc.);
- Intensive cyanidation tests on gold-containing products in ACACIA reactor;
- Tests to identify CIP process parameters (sorption isotherm, sorbent type, tanks etc.);
- Modeling of CIP (RIP) and CIL (RIL) processes, Pump Cell;
- Intensive leaching tests of Au, Ag concentrates under the influence of temperature and using special reagents;
- Heap leaching (physical and mechanical characteristics of ore and ore pellets, leaching under agitation conditions, in a percolator and in columns of 6 meters high);
- Copper, zinc and other metals recovery from productive solutions (EW, SX-EW);
- Autoclave oxidation of any mineral products: gold containing ores and concentrates, sulphides, aluminum bearing products, zinc fumes etc. (POX);
- Testing by means of modern hydrometallurgical processing technology of refractory concentrates: ultrafine grinding and oxidation in special reactors without temperature and pressure – ore preparation for leaching, separation of refractory sulphides (Au, Ag, Cu, As, Fe ores). Research is carried out using automated pilot plant (Leachox);
- Hydrometallurgical and pyrometallurgical tests for any type of ore;
- Tests for metallurgical products and processing tails detoxification (cyanide destruction, arsenic detoxification etc.);
- Development of flowsheets for metallurgical treatment as well as recommendations for Design Criteria;
- Pyrometallurgical treatment of precious metal concentrates;
- Precious metals refining;
- Albion Process Testwork in a special unit by Glencore Technology Pty Ltd (Au, Zn, Cu, hydrometallurgical technology is an alternative to pyrometallurgical processes, autoclave and bacterial oxidation).
Institute TOMS offers new technologies in the following sphere:
- Cyanide containing flows detoxification, cyanide regeneration and non-ferrous metal recovery from solution;
- Detoxification and disposal of arsenic bearing products;
- Detoxification and disposal of mercury bearing waste;
- MMS Cyanide Destruction Process CN-D.
Institute TOMS suggested a way for copper sulphide products processing based on a combination of hydrometallurgical and flotation technologies. This technique not only helps to increase copper recovery into a final product but also to significantly decrease the amount of concentrate (up to 3 times) that is subsequently fed to autoclave decomposition or even to completely eliminate this section.