In September 2020, Institute TOMS was given the latest accreditation certificates by Glencore Technology (Australia) for running UFG testing in a stirred mill – IsaMill M4.
In August 2020, Institute TOMS (Irkutsk) in partnership with Thrane Teknikk initiated testing of a fine screening technology using Derrick Stack Sizer 2SG 48-60R-1STK by Derrick Corporation.
On the 12th of May 2020, Institute TOMS received an official confirmation from JK Tech Pty that the testwork quality and the personnel competencies are in conformity with high international standards.
In June 2020, a new up-to-date laser particle size analyzer Malvern Mastersizer was installed and put into operation in Institute TOMS.
In March 2020, engineers of Institute Toms and Köppern met in Irkutsk to exchange about the challenges in iron ore concentrate re-grinding with HPGR and to perform a collaborative test work series on iron ore concentrate.
Institute TOMS is accredited according to federal standard GOST R, international standard ISO/IEC 17025-2019 and uses methods that were developed according to requirements of international and Russian systems of mineral resources evaluation. The results of analytical research satisfy the demands of the State Committee for reserves. Each year Institute TOMS takes part in the international laboratory proficiency tests (Round Robin) of Geostats Pty Ltd (Australia).
Analytical laboratory equipment and basic services include:
- Modern highly productive complex for sample crushing, reduction and attrition (New Zealand, Russia);
- Smelting and assay furnaces, FAA (Russia, Australia);
- Highly precise weighing equipment (Germany);
- Inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometers (ICP-OES) for multiple elements analysis (Australia, USA);
- Atomic absorption spectrometer (AAS) to define the content of precious and nonferrous metals, and different impurities;
- Scanning spectrophotometer (Australia), and a full set of equipment for conventional chemical analysis (Russia, USA);
- Sulphur and carbon analyzer (USA);
- Laser sizers for determination of sample size characteristics (Germany, Netherlands);
- Modern methods for gold content determination in samples containing coarse free metal (Canada, Russia);
- Laboratory system for sample acid decomposition (USA);
- Microwave system of sample autoclave decomposition (Italy).