In September 2020, Institute TOMS was given the latest accreditation certificates by Glencore Technology (Australia) for running UFG testing in a stirred mill – IsaMill M4.
In August 2020, Institute TOMS (Irkutsk) in partnership with Thrane Teknikk initiated testing of a fine screening technology using Derrick Stack Sizer 2SG 48-60R-1STK by Derrick Corporation.
On the 12th of May 2020, Institute TOMS received an official confirmation from JK Tech Pty that the testwork quality and the personnel competencies are in conformity with high international standards.
In June 2020, a new up-to-date laser particle size analyzer Malvern Mastersizer was installed and put into operation in Institute TOMS.
In March 2020, engineers of Institute Toms and Köppern met in Irkutsk to exchange about the challenges in iron ore concentrate re-grinding with HPGR and to perform a collaborative test work series on iron ore concentrate.
Audit and consulting
The specialists of Mining audit and consulting department possess unique experience in various fields of geology and mining and are skilled in computer-based technologies of data processing and representation.
Mining and geological services:
- Generalization and analysis of exploration and research works with recommendations on its further performance. Assessment of exploration projects;
- Preparation and generation of databases from the available results of exploration works;
- QA/QC – quality control of geological exploration;
- Assessment of mineral resources and ore reserves in accordance with JORC code;
- Full scope of works on feasibility assessment of mineral deposits according to Russian and international standards for foreign banks and investors (Scoping Study and Pre-Feasibility Study, NI 43-101);
- Feasibility Study (FS) of geological and operational parameters with deposit reserves estimate and support of the results in the State Reserves Committee;
- Independent preliminary review (prior to submission of the reports to the State Reserves Committee) and review of business plans of mining companies;
- Due Diligence of mineral resource and reserves estimates;
- Implementation of systems for control of ore quality;
- Audit of mining and processing plant operation;
- Determination of optimal open mining works boundaries, optimization of mining works schedule with the determination of supply streams according to periods of mine life, ore bodies and horizons using state-of-the-art optimization programs;
- Consulting in subsoil resources management;
- 3D modelling of ore bodies and mining facilities;
- Development of strategies and projects for implementation of mining and geological systems at mining plants;
- Training of mining specialists to use geological and mining software systems.